Friday, June 11, 2010

My name FEI

FEI is my first name which named by my father. I was born during China’s Culture Revolution when my parents suffered persecution, so my father gave the name ‘FEI’ to me, which is pronounced like the Chinese character ‘fly’ that means freedom. My father hoped I could fly freely like a bird. My mother also liked the name because she likes all types of animals. She always said to her children that nature is a friend to humanity.

However, in real Chinese Character, ‘FEI’ represents academic and intelligent. My parents hoped I would become a person who would have rich knowledge and think independently. I did it. I like to fly freely in thoughts and I know that it is never too late for people to learn.

(this is the first class exercise, the grammar is corrected by Diane)

No comments:

Post a Comment