Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My view on the news of A Growing Environmental Disaster

Is it self-destruction of mankind? Is this the final century of civilization? I always asked myself since I watched the film Earth 2100.

The disasters keep on up everywhere, such as the global warming, the frequent natural disasters, the growing environment pollution and resource deficiency. People seems to be so accustomed to living. Americans believe that their way of life will not change, although Obama has been realized that, in a recent television interview before he will visit Australia in June, if over a billion Chinese citizens have the same living patterns as Australians and Americans do right now then all of us are in for a very miserable time, the planet just can’t sustain it. I wonder if this accident will cause the cost of gasoline to skyrocket, I hope it will. Then few may be able to afford to maintain the lifestyles to which we’ve grown accustomed and the gas-fueled cars will become possible economically. But will that convince us to change our ways?

Today, I can see the painful death of the marine creatures who suffered the oil pollution in the Culf of Mexico. I can hear the tragic groan of the fish families because they are out of breath. Although it is a small probability accident of the oil leaks underwater, as Diana said that it’s a lesson to humanity, for people has become a hazard to nature and they must responsible for their own actions.

4 comments:

  1. You always think problems deeply.
    I learn alot from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've learned alot from you too
    that was very educatif
    keep writting ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you that people are so accustomed to living the way they do that they cannot imagine life outside their "cultural bubbles." Hopefully, a catastrophe like this one will shake us up enough to change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your font... oh anyway, I actually didn't read the article yet, however, I really can feel the global changing by weather.. it's getting hotter and hotter.

    ReplyDelete